Why Get A Thai SIM?
- Save on roaming charges – You will spend more in one day of roaming charges, than the cost of the Thai SIM Card
- Low cost 3G and Calling – Thailand has some of the cheapest rates in the world for 3G and calling. Take advantage of it.
- Safety – Easily make local calls to your hotel, taxi or emergency contact in Thailand.
Which SIM do I get?
There are 3 networks to choose from, but we are recommending the DTAC Happy Tourist SIM specifically for the tourist market, and here’s why:
- DTAC has the best English language support.
- The SIM is preloaded with credit, so you can use right away.
- DTAC is cheaper with equal 3G speed quality
Where to get a Thai SIM?
You can get a Thai SIM when you arrive in Thailand in most major airports. If you want to be completely prepared, the SIM we recommend is on Amazon with 1 Day shipping available.
Tourist Sim Card Features
- 7 days unlimited 3G Internet – after the 7 days, sign up for a 3G package OR pay 10 thb / MB
- Dual cut SIM is both Micro and Regular sized (sorry, not a nano sim for iPhone 5 users)
- Valid for 35 days after activated – once you add minutes, you’ll get more validity days
- 100 Baht of calling credit
- No registration requirements
- Free incoming calls and SMS
- Instant activation
- Pay as you go
- Credit preloaded, no need to first add credit
- Use anywhere in Thailand
Do I need an unlocked phone?
YES! If you have a locked compatible GSM phone, you can easily unlock it. To do so, visit www.unlockingcodesforphones.com
Where can I add minutes to may pay as you go plan?
You can add credit at any of the 7,210 7-11 stores in Thailand or online with Paypal here.
What are the DTAC 3G packages I can choose from?
There are daily, weekly and monthly unlimited packages to choose from. You can check out dtacmobileinternet.com .
Where can I see international calling rates.
Calling rates using the 004 service are here.